The countdown has begun....

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Florida Gardener, May 17, 2012.

1. till nov 1 lol....its been rainy and humid here this week so summer has officially started. Planning on getting enough work this year to have 2-3 guys working for me....really want to start growing the biz rather than working in the biz....

2. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Apparently we think in a similar nature as I just had the countdown thought in my head at the start of the week and remember a similar thread I think you started last year.

3. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

That is a good goal to work towards. Just remember " the point of diminishing returns". Understand that regardless how many more accounts you have or employees you hirer you or anyone else will only make a certain $$$$ amount and that will be it. Your overhead will consume the balance. Unless your planning on retiring in the near future say 3 to 5 years you will be always working in he "biz".
    easy-lift guy

4. MR-G

MR-G LawnSite Senior Member

6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

7. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

never do yourself what you are paying others to do for you...

8. What a difference a year makes. We have already gotten nice rains and lower temps. Last may was bone dry and much hotter.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Patriot Services

Still hot and drier here. Dust city. :usflag:

10. Patriot Services

Then you end up like the guy posting why 7guys, 3 crews cutting 170 lawns adds up to being in the red. I will always be active in the field operations of my company. Leading by example worked for 20 years in the military and works just as well in this business.:usflag: