The day EVERYTHING broke!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I know everyone has "one of those days" but geez!!!

The spare tire is on the right front of the truck.
    The rear view mirror is in the floorboard.
    One trailer light is broken.
    One 21" fails to start.
    One rider fails to start.
    One spindle fails on a rider.
    One drive hangs in neutral on a 21".
    One BBC fails on a 21" in the middle of cutting of course.
    One blower does not want to crank.
    One trimmer does not want to crank or run.

All of this now.... an don't forget I'm solo. What a pissser! I'm thinking of just selling all of the 21's to a guy for parts. Funny thing is I hate the freakin Toro commercial. But I like the dependable nature of the Suzuki 2 cycle. Still cranks every time. So I'm considering a total OVERHAUL to keep it as a backup. Has anyone torn a Toro completely down and went though it????

The trimmer and blower have me stumped also. Neither want to crank. Neither seems to want to prime. Both seem to 'work' fine but neither seems to want to pick up gas.

The trimmer will prime up and run, but does not want to rev up. Instead it wants to die. So you have to fiddle and feather it for what seems to be a long warm up period before it will run much higher than idle rpm without falling on it's face and dying. After this sorta warm up period, it will do fine and then later in the run time it wants to take spells.

The blower does about the same. Except it is much more stubborn to prime. But once it does, it will fire right up. Then it acts sorta like the trimmer and you have to feather the throttle and choke to keep it going at first. But this is over in just a few seconds and it runs great afterwards.

I don't quite get it.....

That was a rough day and it was a rough week.....

2. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

Check with your local dealer on the price of a new shortblock for your 2-cycle toro. Last year I bought 4 of them and paid around $250 each. They take about 2-3 hours to install and are brand new vs rebuilt.

3. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

The starting and running sounds like a fuel quality issue.

4. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

Have you checked the spark arrestors in the trimmer and blower lately? Sounds like they may be clogged.

5. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

sounds like you need to start carrying backups for the backups

6. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

What brands of mowers, blowers, trimmers are these?