The day sucked ..but maybe was interesting to

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 6'7 330, Nov 2, 2005.

1. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

With two guys out hurt on short notice, I went out and worked on one of the maintenance crew’s today, first time in three years .A cue as to how the day was going to unfold should have been when Teresa said, I’ll cook tonight lol.

Second job site, I have one of the redmaxes getting leaves out of beds and rocks. Some kind of small dog comes up, and starts yapping, I didn’t pay to much attention to the little fellow, until he started nipping at my boot lol.Just as I directed a blast of air from the redmax the dogs way, an old gent yells what you doing to my dog? He came over and I explained the situation, and he said he would put the dog in his house. He decides he wants to strike up a conversation, and asks me you aren’t a Mexican are you? LOL I says no sir. He then explains to me, all he saw doing lawn work here was Mexican’s, and then asked me how come I wasn’t one lol.I explained the situation I was filling in for one of my employees. To my relief, I got in his head I had work to do.

We have several echo walk behind vacs, for getting leaves off walkways in the backs of Chicago stamp lawns. One of guys running one of them, came running to me to look at it lol.The impellor shaft, coming off the engine had cracked in half! Mind you the impellor didn’t just come off, the shaft cracked! It looks like it will be going into the scrap heap lol.
    Now for something interesting, or ******** depending on how you look at it lol.I was blowing leaves off of rocks by a deck, two women were both rocking on a platform rocker, in perfect sync lol.When they quit, they both in perfect sync, got up and off the rocker at the exact same time, and in perfect sync they both waved to me lol.They did go in the backdoor one at a time though lol.

The trailer picked up a flat, lucky we always have a spare tire ,BUT the area were we had to change it, I felt eyes staring at the back of my head, needless to say I was glad to get that tire changed and gone from there lol.Now the event that just made my day, hell my whole week lol.We were at church that has a country club golf course, beside it. Sometime or another while we were there; a golf ball came flying off that course, and busted out the passenger side window. I walked over to the golf course, but naturally nobody knew a thing.

I got home, Teresa asks me, howd your day go lol.At the wrisk of not getting any for a good while, I retorted, about as good as your cooking tastes lol.

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Welcome to my world :D
    BTW - That working thing sucks!

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

BILL--I'll bet if you work tomorrow, the whole crew will quit!

GEO :waving:

4. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like a typical day in lawn care. Hang in there

5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Yea some days are like that. Alot of times evveerthing that "Could" happen does.

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I always find it funny that I can have many great days when you got the world by the tail. Everything works as it should and I am making money. Truthfully there are lots of these days. The funny thing is that just like you, when shzt goes bad it goes bad all at once. Those days make you almost want to cry. I know how you feel. Every one of us is out there working and making money but it is matter of time before the other shoe drops and its time to pay out. It could be worse, you could be working in an office. I hope your week gets better.

7. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

We did get the window fixed,but the echo vac is toast lol.