The Day the mower died!!!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by CutInEdge Lawn Care, May 21, 2006.

1. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

What a sad day!!! I bought a Montgomery Ward yellow push mower in 1983 at the old age of 12 or 13. I used this mower on 2 churches one was 1 acre and the other was .5 acre. I mowed over 60 mobile home lots with this mower including my parents house. The oil was changed everyday and foam filter was rinsed with gas and reoiled. Yes, I said everyday using penzoil. I pulled this mower with a bicycle. Well anyway, got the call yesterday from my parents that the mower finally went to mower heaven. I used mower from 83-88 until I moved out and they mowed with it until 2006. I think I gave something like $119 with a 3.5hp briggs. I hope my Scags last half that long. Oh well.

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Why wouldn't you use synthetic oil?

3. CutInEdge Lawn Care

I have contemplated the use of synthetic. Just old school I guess!! The moral of the story was my mower died though. Something from my childhood is gone. I live 1500 miles from parents so it was always enjoyable to hear they were still using something that I spent so many hours with. For a $119 it paid cash for two college degrees.

4. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Why don't you have it stuffed and mounted on your lawn? IT could serve as a marter for all your other mowers lol.

5. CutInEdge Lawn Care

I would'nt want them to become jealous and become suicide cutters:usflag:

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

sounds to me a recording of taps should be played and a decent burial are in order :laugh:

7. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

NOW THAT'S FUNNY :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I say you got your usage out of that machine!

9. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i say that " i fought the lawn..... and the lawn won" song is needed here....