The DEL Little Tipster - Slide In Pickup Dump Box

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by richard coffman, Nov 29, 2004.

1. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

Mmmm,

I've been looking into the little tipster for one of my trucks to see how well it it helps with the grass clippings and other other debree, but before i do, I'm wondering if there is any other lawn guys out there who have this unit and how well does it work for you. pics of yours is wecome here as well, want to make sure this will be a solid investment.

respectfully,
    Richard/Owner

2. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I'm interested in responses too. I've got a 6x10 dump trailer, but it is not always convenient to haul that around. I'm considering some sort of slide in dumper for my PU. I've looked into Lil Tipster & a new one they had at Louisville EXPO this year (can't remember the name. It was blue plastic & made in FL).

Info I received from DEL on TIPSTER shows SHORT BED (like I'd need for my F-250 Super Cab) starts at $2400 & goes up with options.)

Mike

3. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

RICHARD

NO replies yet?

If we are the only two interested in buying them, and no one else has one, it is amazing DEL is still in business!

Mike

4. richard coffman

It looks like a great setup, the manufacture is sending me all the info, no one has one out where i live so i can see everything to it. hopefully, a few guys on here who have one will chat about it or at a lease give us a thumbs up. :D

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Well, I do know they are more expensive then EZDumper. And since I see EZDumper all over the place (here on Lawnsite and locally), my guess is there's a reason for that.
    It'll likely be an EZDumper in my truck when I'm ready to buy.

6. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

Can't give any insight on the tipster, but I'll be able to give a good opinion on the Truckcraft insert after I get mine installed tomorrow. It's going into my 99 F250 shortbed. Price is $2695 and includes the insert, cab protector, roll up tarp, and installation. Oh, and it is the steel version. Couldn't bring myself to fork out the $4k for the aluminum version.

7. richard coffman

only $2695?? that's a good price. EZdumber gave me the quote of $2600.00 for the basic unit...who's doing it for you. wonder if there is a dealer near me for this item....
    I'll have to look into this one....... :D

8. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

Had the insert installed today, only took about 2 hours. Looks to be put together real nice. The guys doing the installation said they have yet to have someone come back with a problem with this unit. I think I'm gonna be very happy not unloading by hand anymore. Bought and installed at Terry's Truck and Trailer in Green, OH. I put up a few pics in the picture forum if you want to take a peek at it.

9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Sheesh, I'd shop around! Last year they were being advertised for $1895 installed (for the basic unit). I haven't really looked around this year, but I expect they may have gone up to $2000 or so installed.
    But I sure would shop around more if someone told me $2600 for just the basic unit.
    I realize prices will vary depending on area, but that's still on the high side.