The diesel decision...

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by jajwrigh, May 10, 2004.

1. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Right now I am using and abusing my s10 and I am desperate need of a larger truck. I have decided to go with a big diesel because of gas mileage, torque, and longivity. Diesel owners...are you satisfied with your trucks?

2. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS LawnSite Member

yes i had them for years .i will not buy anything else. diesel fuel is cheaper most of the time that gas and mileage is better, Buy the ford diesel the front end is better.

3. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Would be hard to go back to gas. Love my F350

4. blafleur

blafleur LawnSite Member

Just a warning, you'll never want a gas motor again. Love mine.

Bryan

5. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Can't beat the diesel.............period.

6. jlewis

jlewis LawnSite Member

I gave up my second S10 for this. No regrets what so ever.

93f350dside.jpg

7. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

Absolutely go diesel. I believe in diesel everything. They're cheaper to operate and maintain, have better pulling power, and get far better fuel mileage on cheaper fuel. If you're looking for a pickup, any of the 3 diesels out there will do you fine. I prefer the Dodge diesel as it's a true industrial diesel. Both Dodge & Ford have a solid front axle, meaning they ride rougher, but are more durable than the IFS of GM. As has been said, you'll never want to go back to gas again.

Randy

8. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Get a Diesel and never look back. I don't know about the better gas mileage though, on the highways I can get from 20 - 27 mpg... but it's so much fun to drive I typically get sucky mileage in the city because it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much fun to drive (it fast).

[​IMG]

9. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Got a F250 PS, would not give this truck up for anything. Once you have one you will never go back to a gas. May cost more, but will last longer and pull a load like there is nothing behind you, even going up hills. Best of luck to you.

10. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with you, got mine in febuary of this year, and it is the best decision I have made. Soo much more miles per gallon compared to the old gasser. I am loving the power of it too.:cool: