The Dirt Doctor AKA Dr. Dirty

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Tim Wilson, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson LawnSite Senior Member

I sent the following email moments ago;

Dear Mr. Garrett,

I received this in an email today. I have hidden the name.

"XXXX said that today on “The Dirt Doctor” show, Garrett specifically discussed “someone” emailing him with evidence of microbial life in the sphagnum peat moss. Garrett told today’s audience that the evidence was false (altered with compost), and that he stood firm on his notion that sphagnum peat moss is antimicrobial."

I presume you are referring to me. You are treading on dangerous ground accusing me of falsifying tests. This is a lie you have told. I am not a liar. There was no compost used and the testing has been replicated several times and even accepted by Elaine Ingham. I want you to go ahead and tell the poeple who it is you are accusing of lying. Obviously you don't know who I am. And please give them my website address and please don't forget to mention that some of my work was requested for a soil science display at the Smithsonian Institute in DC.

Salutations,
    Tim Wilson

If this is what this guy is like, then do not trust anything he says. I sent him video of the microbes emergent from sphagnum peat moss in a distilled water solution and with molasses, as shown on my website. What a dirty guy!

2. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Tim, how can you be sure it(life) wasn't in the molasses?

3. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

Tim don't feel bad, I too have had a run in or 2 with this POS product guy. even almost came to a fisticuffs at an ISA rally with this guy just going on and on about some real off the wall BS.

so also did nature sterilize the peat that the microbes made to begin with

4. Mr. Nice

Mr. Nice LawnSite Member
    from zone 7

I have never run that test before to confirm it to myself but will tomorrow if I can.

Though I have no doubts that peat moss does contain spores/life. thats how it's made

Perhaps I will sterilize the molasses,water and container first to minimize contamination. And run one test with water alone for a few days.

I get back to you guy's in a few with my personal findings, maybe some poor quality pic's too if possible?

5. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

Can somone please help me understand why this matters?

Thanks

6. Prolawnservice

I was thinking the same thing

7. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

come on jd this matters just as much as you do.........................we still talk about you???

8. Tim Wilson

That does happen with containers with adhered spores around the top but I always test my molasses when I do testing like this. Also, you don't get flagellates from molasses.

9. Tim Wilson

Do you have Premier brand?

10. Prolawnservice

what brand do you suggest?