the dog is always greener...on the other side of the fence

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Oct 29, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

ok, i have this customer.....they have a fence, it's chain link, and it borders the entire right side of the property from her and her neighbor. the neighbor has a dog, if i had to describe the dog, i'd say it looked like a miniature wolf. but, it's pure white, white as a sheep, white as a ghost, i mean snow white. ok, well, i'm not a dog person, so i'm not sure what brand it is, but i'm most certain, it is a dog. now, everytime i go to mow, this mangey mutt chases me up and down the entire fenceline, jumping up, snapping at me, and barking. i went over and told the old bag to keep the mutt in the house. she did, for most of the year. recently, she asked for a price on a lawn renovation. i gave her one. she moaned it was too much. i didn't budge, and suggested she call someone else. well, day before yesterday, i went to mow my client, and there was snow white the dog, outside and following me and snapping, and barking. i told him go inside, he wouldn't listen. fine by me....i turned the discharge chute his way, and in 3 passes with my meg mos, turned the dog as green as an aligator. well, he ran inside, and the owner came out b!tching, said the mutt dragged wet grass all over the living room, and he needed a bath, and i was to blame. i laughed, flipped him the bird, put it in 5th, and rode my jungle wheels right on out of there. did i do the right thing?

2. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

the 2nd week in november is customer apreciation week. let's show em we care

Here's UR sign!!!!

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

If the dog doesnt like to have a bath, he will learn sooner or later. Sure you did right giving the dog a dye job, not sure about flipping the neighbor off, but that seems to be a custom up there. We do things different down here

4. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobby not to get off track but what kind of mower do you use and what kind of truck do you drive

5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

LOL, one of the funniest darn stories ive heard...

6. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

tell the neighbor that dog aggression is usually a case of chlorophyll deficiency. And since you made a house call, diagnosed the problem, prescribed and administered the remedy all in one visit; they will get the discounted rate of $175 for the treatment.

7. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Dog should've known better than to get all up in your bidness like that. Probably needed a bath anyway...

8. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

if you did that to my dog you wouldn't have to worry about riding your jungle wheels out of the yard... you'd be lucky to get to your truck...

9. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobby, maybe it's those milkbone underwear?

10. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

you dont even need to ask. you always do the right thing. shouldve thrown grass on owner... him/her.... you can never get it right in your 'stories' anymore. you still using that redhawk or am i mistaken. how you like it? dont forget to leave her a fruit basket in another couple weeks. you still got green grass out there? :waving: