The Dreaded "In-between" Seasons

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Charles, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I hate this time of year. Grass is pretty much dormant and most of the leaves are still on the tree's in the southeast. You face the guilt of "goofing off" and the doubt and dread of the actual leaf season. Your schedule is out the window and the ol lady is own your back-"Just what have you been doing all day?!!":cry:
    How do you handle it?

2. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh I hear ya on that. This year the leaves seem late but soon they will come down and it will be non-stop. I'm here at 12:45 reading this and in no rush to go back out after lunch. I can use a little break before the leafathon begins anyway. I know what ya mean though.

3. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

The "tweener time"! When the lawns go dormant we switch to bush trimming and bed work. The lawns aren't dormant, but a few are clamoring for their bushes and beds to get done. I hafta explain that we still have all of our mowing equipment on the truck and can't carry ALL of our tools - and haul away all the mess - while we have a trailer full of mowing equipment.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Luckily up here we go from one right into the next...but I see your point Charles.

5. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, yesterday, after mowing a few, I had a few beers and assembled my new deer stand, a 12 foot tall, four foot wide "tree couch."
    I agree, sometimes it's hard, finding something to do, while waiting for deer season.