1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The drought is making a comeback...

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DeepGreenLawn, Jun 24, 2008.

1. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

OK, we had the drought from hell last year. This year we started out great with rain but it seems to have come to a stop again. I don't want to keep throwing all this fert on the ground with the stresses and lack of watering it is getting so do you guys have a fert that you can recommend for this situation? Or, according to the weather, should I just hold off the ferts and let the lawn go dormant again. This way I would do less damage and diseases won't be as likely.
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Use a high ratio os slow release. When it rains it will go to work--thereby speeding the recovery.
  3. MitchDaniel

MitchDaniel LawnSite Member

When I saw the subject line of your post, I had a feeling you were from Georgia. Im your neighbor up in Ellijay! My brother is a fireman in Woodstock.

I'm hoping the drought doesn't get as bad as last year again!:cry: Good luck, and be praying for some rain
  4. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I work for Bartow County myself. I would like to get on with either Woodstock or Canton. I can't afford to take the time off to go through rookie school again with Cherokee County. Ball Ground got the restrictions backed off too, but I haven't heard of anyone else.