1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

the DUMP

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by justanotherlawnguy, Jul 12, 2008.

1. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is one of the Hillsborough County Dump Sites that I use a couple of times a week. Makes life so easy, every city should have a site like this. I see alot of guys on here complaining they dont have anywhere to dump. I am glad we dont have that problem...

dump a.JPG

dump 1.JPG

dump 2.JPG

dump 3.JPG
  2. justanotherlawnguy

here is one last pic of the dump

dump 4.JPG
  3. justanotherlawnguy

oh, in case anybody asks, because I know they will it cost $30/ton to dump...
  4. atasteofnature

atasteofnature LawnSite Senior Member

i have one here in Goshen, IN. One dump is $10-15 and there is one on the NE side of Indy as well for $15 a dump. Very nice, quick, and easy. Not that I wouldn't want my own dumping area on a big piece of property of mine that everyone could come to my property to do the same thing. lol.
  5. atasteofnature

atasteofnature LawnSite Senior Member

Those 2 places don't judge by weight. Goshen it is ethier pickup bed ($10) or dump truck or trailer ($15). They also allow grass clippings the same way. The place in Indy is $15 no matter what weight or size. For both just remeber NO TRASH, just plant material.
  6. Hortus

Hortus LawnSite Member

We have the same type sites down here also. The biggest problem I see is the useable material after grinding. It's gotten steadily better since 2004, where the material was so contaminated with bits of plastic bags, nails and such, because of mixing construction material or pallets. In the last couple of years its much better, but would use the premium grade of reuse mulch that has gone through 2 cycles of grinding, to avoid the large chunks of wood and masses of stringy palm fronds that adds more time than it's worth to install and still is not aesthetically pleasing for most high visibility sites.
  7. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

our dump is so expensive its not even funny!!!!...$40 A yard!
  8. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

i pay 15 a dump truck load...its great...not anywhere as big as that and its 10-15mins away
  9. born2farm

born2farm LawnSite Bronze Member

here we can dump for free. but its only open till 3pm. so since my boss is the mayors son we got a key for the gate :walking:
  10. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Yup we got a bunch of those all over town. Scrap yards too, bring in a truck load of steel or aluminum and make some decent money.