The easy way to weed out the pita's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i was doing a estimate today and all's fine until the guy comes out and wants to know my cost's after i hand him the the price for service. :confused:
    he says i want to make sure im not being racked over any coals & im just going to pay $5 over cost :laugh: . at that i said good day grabed my estimate and left. the nereve of this guy. :dizzy:

2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

wait what did he say about $5 over cost

3. Frontier-Lawn

i told him $30 to mow per.
    it cost me about $10 per cut so basicly he wanted to pay $15 per cut for a 1/4 acre. :nono:

4. DBL

what a clown theyll always be around too thats the problem

5. Frontier-Lawn

and to think his home cost around $499,000 (next door is for sale)

6. DBL

yeah im not saying take advantage of their wealth but if the work you do for their home is worth it then charge them for it they called you because they didnt want to do it or they were unable to

7. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

$5 over cost. HA! what a cheapo. I mow a few that take less then 15 minutes solo with my 60" lazer and get $35 per cut. Good for you for walking away.

8. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I would have told him my cost was $50. Ten bucks for the mow and forty for the attitude. What a jerk.

9. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

He's not buying YOU. He's buying good service. That should be priceless, especially now-a-days with all the dishonesty and fly-by-nighters in the world!

10. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I think I would have told him straight up....you need to go buy all the necessary equipment to do the job and hire a $5.00 per hour man to operate it.........chop chop.:laugh: