The Edgit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Feb 4, 2008.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I found a few threads that cover the Edgit - consensus is that they work well for edge maintenance but NOT for creating the edge. To revive the subject, what does everyone think about the Edgit? Would like to hear from northern guys with KBG and fescues as that is what I encounter.

Can it take the place of a stick edger or should a guy have both?

Thanks

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

You can start and edge with one, I have but it wasnt fun, I prefer a stick edger to start an edge then use the edgit as a weekly maintenance. 90% of my yards are fescue

If I were buying a stick edger I would invest in a brand that had inter-changeable heads so you can get more use then a trimmer dedicated to just edging.

A push type edger is also great for creating a 1st time edge and probably the most powerful and easiest to use.

wayne

3. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

While I love the EDGIT...if you have heavy over growth ...you will need a push or stick edger to get it started and then maintain with an EDGIT....I like the EDGIT also because it makes regular trimming easier and it saves line and protects me and the guys..IMHO ...you can't go wrong with the $60 investment