the end of as era

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenmonster304, Sep 11, 2010.

1. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

Tonight I went to the retirment party for my high school shop teacher. When the whole country was saying you need to go to collage or you will be a bum he was teaching us real world skills that have given 35 years of local people an alternative to collage. He taught us wood, metal, auto, drafting, plastics, and practical phisics. Its sad because hi replacment isn't half the teacher he was and the program will be dead in a few years
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Inspired

Inspired LawnSite Senior Member

He must have been one cool shop teacher if you still keep in touch with him.

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

When I was graduating high school 20 years ago, I went back to my junior high and gave graduation invites to 3 teachers. Wood shop and metal shop teachers that absolutely rocked!! And a science teacher I hated, but he pushed me to do so much better. Never forgot them.

4. greenmonster304

Man I made some spelling mistakes I was a little drunk when I wrote that last night. He was a great guy that helped a lot of kids that were not interested in school find a reason not to give up. It was a nice party about 100 of his old students showed up.

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

hiccup..... I went to "collage" and studied "phisics".

6. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

I was wondering if you had a good time at the party, given your loose fingers you had when you wrote the original.

I still keep in touch with a few teachers from HS. Good people.

7. Buck_wheat

Buck_wheat LawnSite Senior Member

What's High School?

8. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

How was your english teacher?

9. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

I learned most of what I use in everyday life from my wood and metal shop teachers as well. They were the ones that would lock you in the hall if you showed up late to class and teach other useful lessons about life in general.

10. greenmonster304

They were ok but when you are 3 sheets to the wind and typing on a black berry with fat fingers it could seem that I was illiterate
    Posted via Mobile Device