1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The end of lawn mowing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawrence stone, Sep 25, 2000.

1. Chip

Chip LawnSite Member

I wish that was my house. Mine is last on the list and never looks that nice. My helpers say when they buy thier first house they are going to make thier yard one big parking lot.
  2. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

We've got a few of those 'round here.
  3. greenlawncare

greenlawncare LawnSite Member

I'm going concrete, gravel and plastic flowers
  4. sunrise

sunrise Banned

Looks like my beach house grass.
    There is none not even weeds just so pine trees and alot of sand
  5. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

i am sure that some weeds will show up in that gravel real soon!!! And that would look horrible, so some1 has to weed tha place! NOT ME!!!
  6. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

We have alot here..usually graden homes. They tend to be high maintanence becuase of the number of bushes and the weed applications that need to occur. Still money..
  7. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

All the darn houses are like that in Avalon and Stone Harbor. Gets me everytime. But I LOVE Avalon nevertheless!
  8. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Don't go to Arizona to start a lawn service, or you'll see these ALL OVER the place!
  9. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

I grew up at the Jersey Shore & probably 60% or more of the houses on any of the islands are like that. 80% of these houses are rented, so lawn maintenance is one less problem for the landlords. My first big landscape install ($11,000) was for the owner of a commercial building that I do the lawn maintenance at. He decided he didn't want to mow any more so I made a bunch of stone and mulch beds with shrubbery. I'll take customers that don't want to mow anytime :)