1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The Evolution of the Aerator

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by LawnSolutionsCP, Feb 10, 2009.

1. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

Check out the above video link for our new hydro walk-behind aerator video.

The video demonstrates how highly mobile and easy to use this aerator is to operate. The top speed is 4mph, but most of the video was done at 2-3 mph to demonstrate handling.

Let me know if you have any questions. Unit is powered using closed loop hydraulics which give the unit precise control with variable speeds (forward and backward).

Pricing - $3,250 through our dealers

2. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice can that thing pull a 250 lb man on a velke
  3. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

I'm sure it can, but we haven't tried it yet.
  4. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

5. sclawndr

sclawndr LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed this machine the other day and it is awesome! Very easy to handle and great plugs. David has done it again!
  6. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

I watched the video, looks like it handles great, almost like a mower. You need to add a close up of the plugs. It's hard to tell if its doing anything.
  7. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

We will next week once the weather clears up. We just finally had our snow melt to where we can do more testing and videos.
  8. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

Does it pull plugs...oh yes it does. It has over 120lbs of optional weights which makes it the heaviest walk-behind aerator in its class. By watching the video, it is obvious all the weight is over the tines where it should be.

It also looks light in the video because it is so easy to run, but lift the machine out of the ground even with the mechanical advantage of the lift system and you quickly realize this is like no aerator you have ever used.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

10. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Been pondering your machines. Can you post a close up picture of the tines and tine assembly?

We have some really rocky patches of turf in this area that on several occasion cause my Plugr to jump and leap fairly violently. One Lawn I did was literally like aerating concrete with 1/2 inch of turf on it :cry:

The Plugr tines hold up very well to this abuse.

So do your machines have spoons? :waving: