The Expo!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mower_babe, Oct 20, 2003.

1. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

So, those that attended -- what did you think of the EXPO?:)

~What was great and what could have been better?

~Who would you have liked to see there that wasn't?

~Did you walk away inspired?:D

:) :blob1:

2. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Im sure everyone was looking for my pretty face...hehe, but i wasnt there :(

3. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I missed seeing the real Mower-Babe!

But to me the expo is usually always the same. Although my needs (and wants) always change so that makes each one different. I went looking for specific items, and to talk to the Hustler and Exmark gang.

I did spend the day walking around with frankenscag Eric. Nice young man! He will be an industry leader one day, write it down that I said it. It will come true. He is very smart and knowledgable with equipment and business too.

Things I fell in love with:
    1) Hustler ATZ
    2) Hustler Super Walkbehind
    3) Turf Teq Sidewinder Bededger

Things that made me go Hmmmm:
    Dixie has changed tires again. Cant seem to get it right I suppose. :)

4. mower_babe

Boys, I was there. I played the shy card and walked around the Hustler arena several times with the kids and hubby in tow.

I demod several mowers that I normally wouldn't come across, being an eXmark worshipper. Tried out the the beastly Ferris ($$ cha-ching $$ but I liked it), tried out the Hustler (imo handles fairly similarly to an eXmark), and also the bad Boys (handling was questionable, but the price was beautiful and the fact that you can open up the entire machine--damn that was inventive!)

Got a kick out of all of the "cowboys" riding those mowers out in the demo area like it was a race or something. Like you are really gonna mow that fast and squirrelly?! puhleaaze! ha-ha.

Thought maybe, just maybe, I would see the robotic mower, but alas - he would be seen as a threat and probably be bludgeoned to death by real mower boys there.

Hey-did you guys see that articulating mower deck - the name escapes me - lastec or something of that nature- whaddya think?

Oh- tried out the string trimmers - and I know you are all gonna kill me for this, but I kinda liked the Honda series trimmer {gasp}!

Checked out the booth about the tires that never go flat due to foam filled, I believe. definitely something to think about.

Got the gooshy lining for the shoes, not terribly impressed.

I went away inspired (oh- and with much less money after the food vendors had their way with me.)

ps-The lemonade shake-ups and the pulled pork was splendid.

:blob1: :blob1:

5. bayoulawn

bayoulawn LawnSite Member

I have a 52" Bad Boy and believe you me, it is awesome.
    How was their booth?

6. bayoulawn

bayoulawn LawnSite Member

How was the Bad Boy booth?
    I have one and it is awesome.
    52", 27 hp kaw, liquid cooled, 14" deck.
    One BAD BOY!

7. mower_babe

the booth was great. very helpful and they knew their stuff. I got on one BB machine and it didn't feel very responsive at all and then got on another and it was really jerky. (sorry cannot remember the specs.) :confused: I also figured that it might just be an adjustment issue - I know we had to make some adj to our mowers before. chalked it up to that.

8. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

If you want the full scoop on those email me and I will let you know.

Awesome is one way to put it! :D

9. maple city

maple city LawnSite Senior Member

That Honda trimmer blew me away. I will buy one for next season. Of course, the Echo rep tried to tell me how heavy they are and I wouldn't like them. I told him that any amount of weight would be worth it to have a trimmer that started every time without a fight.

I also liked the articulating mower deck. (The Articulator by Lastec).

I was disappointed to see that Scag wasn't there.

I was also disappointed to see that nobody there had any Loadhandlers to sell. Oh well.

We bought some things from Jungle Jims. Really nice people!

The Dog Biter tools were very impressive.

It was awesome to get to see and demo the products that I normally wouldn't even know about.

All in all I'm glad we made the trip.

10. greasy_gun

greasy_gun LawnSite Senior Member

i agree on the honda trimmer........a real sweet machine.......i used two fingers to pull/start it......when my echo goes, gonna get the honda...4 stroke,straight gas :)