The fall that won't fall

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnsaspire, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

It wouldn't appear so.

2. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing LawnSite Senior Member

same here in SE PA. I did a few clean ups, skipped all last week though. Grass isn't growing and the leaves aren't falling. It's kinda freaky. Some trees are done and others are still lush & green with no color. A handful have some orange but usually there's more down by this time of year.......Hell 2 years ago I mowed one day and plowed 10" of snow the next day. That was a real mess. This is getting really deep, I better have another beer and ponder awhile.

3. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

Is it possible they could just stay on all winter?:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

4. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

We had several large oaks do just that this past winter. They didn't drop their leaves until this springs

5. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

pin oaks always do that

6. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

These are all red oaks.

7. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Here in Mn. We've cleaned a few leaves. No total clean ups yet. Grass is still growing and green. Most of the trees are green. The ones that are not green don't have a leaf.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

the lawns here are half and half on growing.... Raining this morning, and I'm not seeing many leaves falling. Last year a noticed a few red oaks who held their leaves all winter. I thought that they had became diseased and died, but I was wrong.

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I'm fine with doing leaf clean up during December and/or January.......as long as we don't get any snow. Something makes me think we will have a lot of green trees when the snow does come this year though:rolleyes:

10. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

You mean you don't want to get two birds with one stone? Plowing snow and leaves together? haha