The Final Countdown!! Cat 305cr Vs Bobcat 337

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by mrsops, Feb 12, 2008.

1. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

hey guys figured i would start a new thread for this one. so this is what it comes down to, after running both machines side by side for the past few days i must say the cat was a better machine both of my operators said the same as well. don't get me wrong the bobcat 337 was a very nice machine as well i just liked some things about the cat better then i did with the bobcat
    so the final numbers work out like this

bobcat was 57,000 not 56,000 because they are giving me the key less entry option. cat was 61,000 and there matching bobcats 2 year warranty!! and there throwing in the thumb for me if i go through with the deal what do you guys think?

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Do it, Cat matched the warranty, which isn't a necessity but it shows they're willing to deal. The thumb is worth a couple grand as well. Pull the trigger, they're working with you nicely.

3. mrsops

yeah there working with me nicley because they see i have 5 bobcat skids and 2 bobcat excavators there trying to break the white as they say lol. there giving me a 30'' bucket should i try and get them to throw me a smaller or bigger bucket for nothing what do you think scag?

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Get a 36" bucket and a 24" toothed digging bucket, you're stealing that machine, my price here is $72,000 CAN for a 305CR loaded.

5. mrsops

i felt it was a good price considering i was told it was going to be 67,000

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

There isn't much of a difference in price and from my experience with Bobcat Minis go with the Cat.

As for buckets make sure you go with a aftermarket supplier never go with OEM buckets the dealer has you by the nads. Spec the machine with bare stick and you put the quick connect and thumb on. All you want from Cat is the piping and thumb control.

7. mrsops

yeah but there putting together everything as a package

8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

A 36" bucket can be drug by a 305, but I don't recommend it. Unless you're in sandy soil, it's going to be slow. It's not a production machine, I'd get a 30" digging bucket and a 12" or 16" trenching bucket. If you feel like getting a cleanup bucket, 40" is the right size for that machine.

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Around here we never buy a machine with OEM buckets for the reason being buckets are a regular wear item. If you have to buy buckets from a dealer or parts for your buckets from a dealer it is cha ching.

Deal with a aftermarket supplier like out here we have many thats all they do is buckets and machine attachments. If you want a custom made bucket they will do it.

I don't know what suppliers you have out back east but they can put a quick connect and thumb on your machine easy enough.

10. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Sounds like you mind is already made up...welcome to the CAT family:cool2: