The fool that lowballed me...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 65hoss, Jun 10, 2001.

1. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I posted last week about the lowballer that stole my commercial job. Well, I drove by tonight to check out his job. :D What a joke he really is. Grass was everywhere. The cutting looked bad. But the edging looked really really bad. :p I do mean really really bad. At the back door he didn't even blow the grass off. There is a lot there. I stood there in the parking lot laughing at this job when a cop drove up to ask me what I was doing. I told him and he wanted to know if I do always do this type of stuff at 1 o'clock in the morning. haha. Anyway, I wish I could be there monday morning to see there happiness with the price they got. :blob3:

2. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

After he reads this today he will go back and blow it off.

3. Double D

Double D LawnSite Member

My blower broke Hoss, I'll be over there directly to blow those back steps off when Wal-Mart opens and I can buy a new electric blower and extension cord with daddy's credit card. Do you really think the cuttin looked that bad? I'll work on that edgin too. Peace:D

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i believe id give the manager a call and help him save face.
    otherwise he may hit the yellow pages. that is if you want it back.
    later

5. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

If you want the account back, now is the time to move in with a phone call or a visit, while you can point out the changes in quality of service. If you want it back, you better move quick before he finds this site and this post and cleans up his act! ;)

6. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I wouls send a before and after pic to the manager and attach your business card and write on it Call Me

7. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

I would be nice and inform them that for a slight increase they could have my quality work back. Up the price a mere 2% since they would be considered a "new customer" now. Smile,smile,smile while talking to them and site increasing fuel prices for the increase. The increase of course would be punishment for dumping a quality job to save a few bucks. :)

8. Volhunter

Volhunter LawnSite Member
    from TN

Hey 65Hoss...I'm with the other guys...I would strike while the iron is hot if you want this account back. Just help them save face the best you can...if you don't want it back, just laugh and go on.

9. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Kudos Gary,

Up the price, they are the customer, but you still have to pay expenses in your business. If they are not expecting you to raise your prices, then they are not worth having as a customer.

If I hired someone to cut my lawn and then cut them loose over price and then called them back I sure would expect him to up the anty for the quality work and the thought of leaving them high and dry in the middle of the season.

Just .02

10. crew

crew LawnSite Member

About 5 minutes ago i emailed the contract to the guy who dropped me for a lowballer. Its worth about $40k for the rest of the season. The guy bit off more than he could chew and lo and behold they called back the man who can deliver!!! That site is yours for the taking.