The full scoop on Kaw aircleaners

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Richard Martin, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

My buddy (he has no Internet access) is trying to get a canister aircleaner setup for his Lazer Z with a 23 Kaw. I got him your 1-800 number and he called and talked to Dustin. Dustin gave him the part number so my buddy went ahead and ordered it. When the kit came in the carb was for a verticle shaft engine and not the horizontal shaft engine that Lazer Zs use. His question is this: Is there a canister filter availble for his engine? His code is AS05.

Thanks
    Rich

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It may be an AS06.

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Richard,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I did call Kawasaki and the correct filter for the horizontal shaft engines is not available at this time. The current timeline looks like it won't be available until some time this winter. I'll try to keep you up to date as more information becomes available.

Thanks

Terry

4. 00BusDriver

00BusDriver LawnSite Member

Is it possible to get a canister type filter for a 15HP Kawasaki?

If so, would it be worth the money?

TIA

BusDriver

5. eXmark

00Busdrive,

We would hope that Kawasaki would continue the development of the canister air filters to fit the balance of the v-twin line. Personally if a canister air filter were available for any of these large and expensive to replace engines I would invest the money.

We'll try to post any information as soon as it becomes available.

Thanks

Terry

6. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Is this filter available for the 23 Kaw? Its a 2001.

7. eXmark

Esby,

Yes, the new canister will fit the Kawasaki 23 hp vertical shaft used on the Lazer HP

Thanks

Terry