1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The funniest thing happened today.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by new2thebiz, May 11, 2004.

1. new2thebiz

new2thebiz LawnSite Member

I was doing a cleanup for one of my customers and a little girl who lives next door and had been playing outside, she couldnt have been more than about 4 or 5 walked up to me, hands me a dime and a nickel, and in a very polite and professional way says " Could you please do my property when you get a chance?", pointing to a small pile of leaves under her swingset/playhouse. It was all I could do not to start laughing at the whole situation. I told her sure, but this one was on the house, gave her the change back and cleaned up the pile quickly with my vac. :D
  2. Wayne Landscaping

Wayne Landscaping LawnSite Member

How can you say no?
  3. EZTarget

EZTarget LawnSite Senior Member

how funny.

maybe you just earned a customer for life!
  4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

That's great that you did that.
    Things like that make a kids day. It's worth more than anyone could have paid you to see her smile. I bet if the parents saw what you did, you'd definitely be appreciated.
    Those are the kinds of things that separate the good guys.

You'll be rewarded in some way or another one day.

This is a "feel good" thread, thanks for sharing.

Although I am sure there were some scrubs around willing to do it for $0.14 :jester: