1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The Future of gas

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by deere615, Mar 19, 2008.

1. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

2. deere615

3. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm ready for nuclear powered trucks and equipment, refuel every 20 years..
  4. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I will tell you that stupid $100 DIY tonneau cover I installed increased my mpg by about 10% on the truck... Then the insulation I added (and am still adding) to the attic also helps lower the electric bill, not to mention CFL's and water saver faucets.
    Here's the thread on it:

It looks better today, I replaced the bungee cord with actual rope, also bought two crossbars and laid a piece of plexiglas over that (this under the cover) which helps keep it from being drawn down into the bed while driving and rain from puddling.

The more expensive options such as the GPS also have an effect, a decent tonneau cover also run about $4-500.
    Easy driving, keeping up on the maintenance.

Plan on doing all the same KIND of work for the day, then bring only the absolute essential equipment with and leave the rest at home.
    I guarantee the 500-1,000 pounds I don't carry with me (compared to if I want to carry it all) saves fuel.

All in all it doesn't quite fill up the tank in the balance, but it helps.
  6. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

I notice none of them price Diesel which falls under the " First Born" cost category.
  7. deere615

That tonneau cover is not a bad idea, but I use my bed way to much