the gas can question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sailinstud420, Jun 4, 2008.

1. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

i know this gets asked all the time, but still can't find a recent definite source. I am fairly certain the nice old 5 and 6 gallon Chilton cans are no longer available, but are the pour spouts? I have 5 cans all with broken spouts.... Please point me to somewhere where I can get parts for these.

2. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

3. sailinstud420

not what i was looking for, but do those fit? anyone else?

4. Nickos

Nickos LawnSite Member

i just picked up a new 5gal can today

they had all kinds of replacement nozzles there and it wasn't a big hardware store

5. sailinstud420

i need answers please

6. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Only in the United States of America do manufacturers produce items that are child-proof, even thou these very items are generally meant for at least teenagers and up... Maybe the Canadians are hip with this madness as well, but I know for a fact in Europe there is no such thing as a child-proof lighter, just as one example.

What exactly is it...?
    Is it these parents, their child got into the garage and fooled around with the lawn mower fuel, or what? Or is it the parents themselves, were somehow confused with the simplicity of this gasoline holding device, accidentally caught themselves on fire, how does this work?

The sick of it is...
    Either someone got sued, someone did sue, or somewhere along these lines somebody high up decided we needed to be told how to use these devices, and regulation happened. And once regulation happens, life is never the same again.

For roughly these reasons you will not find a normal gas can such as what you are referring to.

8. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

We use Eagle cans.

9. BrIONwoshMunky

BrIONwoshMunky LawnSite Member

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Walmart. 5 gallon B&S cans. Seperate vent from the spout. Flexible spout. $6.99. An old fashioned can at old fashioned prices. Need I say more?