The "Gizmow" mower...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Nov 1, 2004.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

2. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Never heard of it.

3. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

Nice thing about a steering wheel is it leaves one hand free to drink beer with. Bobby will run right out and get one I bet. LOL

JK Bobby.

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Hmmm, no pics coming up on the website (at least not for me). But I saw a pic of it in the newest issue of Landscape Management magazine.

The ad says it was at the Louisville Expo.

Oh well, just thought I'd throw it out here.

5. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like a great candidate for a racing mower.

Oldtimer

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'm having a little trouble understanding how it turns to go in reverse. What do you do, turn the wheel around 180 degrees? This would be like driving a bumber car at the carnival!

7. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I like the indivudal control of each tire and speed all in my hands as i feel i get the most control.

8. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I agree, I like a lever in each hand because it gives you so much better control.

9. JPLAWNSERVICE

JPLAWNSERVICE LawnSite Member

I saw it at the expo and looked it over pretty good. It has foot pedals to make it go forward and reverse. Also the steering wheel is hooked up through linkages to the hydro motors too. So when you turn the wheel past a certain point, it actually makes one of the wheels turn in reverse and do a true z turn. They had some video footage of it mowing a bank and a turf tiger doing the same hill and the turf tiger wouldn't stay on the hill. The gizmow had no problem because it stuck to it more like a tractor, not trying to turn down hill all the time. Not sure about the cut quality on it though, if it is comparable to the competition it may do good when they get them out to some dealers.

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I drove one at louisville. Lets just say they will never be a threat to the market. They sucked, and I never take that statement lightly. They have no control when backing in reverse. Forward control was ok. While it was fun to ride, it needs a LOT of work before its considered ready for comm'l work.