the glyphosate glove

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by trying 2b organic, Mar 19, 2005.

1. trying 2b organic

trying 2b organic LawnSite Senior Member

Guys plz help. Ornamec, Ortho grass b gone, any of the "over-the-top" herbicides selective for grass in broadleaf ornamental is not registered in Canada. Active Ingredient fluazifop-P-butyl is a no-go unless I buy a huge amount which I dont want to do.

I have grass weeds growing through Cotoneaster. Can I put on a proper glove and hold a small sponge . Dip it in Roundup and wipe across the grass blades?

Ok, I just went to the garage. I have one of those homeowner Weedsticks. A hollow plastic tube with a sponge on the bottom. I could hold the grass between my gloved hand and the sponge and wipe.

Yes i have my licence. Its dumb but I have a very important fussy customer and I cant buy a small amount of the appropriate chemical. ty
  2. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

I have done this exact thing by using a rubber glove and an old sock over that -- works great.
  3. lush&green

lush&green LawnSite Member

You could try this, which is similar.. use pesticide resistant glove with a brown jersey glove on the outside. Mix up a bucket of what ever and dip those gloves in it and then wring them out(reduce drip) and touch whatever you want to remove. Hope it works for you..
  4. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Weeds and ground cover = casaron for me. Works like a charm but takes a couple weeks to see it take action.
  5. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Could you use Roundup. Is there a time the cotoneaster is dormant while the grass is growing?
  6. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Test it first , OK ?
    Use glyfosate , .5 onces per gallon , may kill the grass and not the ornamental
  7. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

Take a weekend trip to the states. Stop at wal mart.
    Go home.
    Problem solved.

LOL, just kidding, of course
  8. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Pot is legal and very good in Canada , yes?
    Send me some pot and I'll send you a gift .lol
  9. trying 2b organic

trying 2b organic LawnSite Senior Member

ty so much guys, BC Steel - I bought some Casoron as per your previous helpful advise and have been using it. ty, when I got to that bank it seemed like the Cotoneaster was so dense I didnt see how I could evenly spread the product on the soil. I figured I couldnt just broadcast it cause it would get caught up. Am I being a baby? Do I just need to dig down and move it aside and see about getting the Casoron in? Is it too late for Casoron here or is it still ok? Bag says once air gets to 15 celcius its getting close. ty all.

Cotoneaster isnt on the Casoron label, what do u think? Is cotoneaster shallow rooted, they would sue my a#s if I killed it. ty again.
  10. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

If cotoneaster is not on the label, you are illegally applying the product. If you are going to do that, then you should just go ahead and use the ornamen or fusilade, right?

Just play devils advocate.