1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

the going per SQ FT Rate on Seg Blocks and Patios

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by jccordes2, Mar 14, 2005.

1. jccordes2

jccordes2 LawnSite Member

What's the going rate per sq ft on block walls and paver patios?
    I've seen anywhere from $20 to $40 and up?
    Just wondering what kind of a price you guys are getting?

2. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

As the ICPI instructor told me during our classes "every job is different, there is no average- the industry NEEDS to get away from sq. ft. pricing" :waving:
  3. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly, As I too learned, per sq. foot has ended making you lose money because you have different conditions certain jobs and have to look and excavation and base factors that can change the intial price and profit.
  4. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

ANybody else having problems posting in the hardscape forum?
  5. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

The going square foot rate for retaining walls is $7 to $65 per foot depending on conditions..... ;)
  6. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Big Vic, I had the same problem. Like the others said, you need to put more thought into an estimate than just measuring square footage. Do not use square foot pricing. Each job is different.
  7. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Thanks Erik!

From here on out, I'll go with your average of $29/sf and run with it! :waving: