The good and the bad...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by baldbeefman, May 10, 2001.

1. baldbeefman

baldbeefman LawnSite Member

First the bad. I have this factory I mow. I bid it at $250, I could tell the manager wasn't going to go for it when he told me he will have to get some more bids. The place was grown up and I don't think they care that much about the grounds. Anyway, I needed a steady income to pay for my new equipment, so I called him back and told him I would mow it for $150 if I could mow it every week. I figured he was going to only have me mow it twice a month the other way and at what price, I don't know. So this month I will make $750 total. I've sprayed everything, so it takes me 3 hours to mow, mostly riding. Here's my dilemma.
    It's bad dry here. It probably only needs mowing every other week, 10 days at best. Also, the main grounds in front is so rough evertime I mow it my back is killing me. I find myself leaning forward on the seat and driving as fast as I can to get it over with. Should I renegotiate?:confused:

Now the good. :D I got a killer acount today. The manager told me it took him 2 hours to mow with a pushmower. I was thinking $50-$75, but I know you can come down a lot easier than you can go up. So I told him $125, he was glad to get it. It took me less than an hour to mow with my 60" and that includes weedeating, trimming, and spraying. I need some more of these!

2. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Glad to see your trying to make it,in this drout.Your doing alot better than me.Ive put out about 2500 flyers over the past 2 months and havent got 1 single phone call.
    As far as the bid you lowered,if you get it and regret lowering it.Either find something to replace it with.Or mow it till the rainy season comes then bump the price up.If they dont like the bumped price either suck it up or drop it.

Good Luck