The good, the bad, the Self- Employed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Commando, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Today was tax day, being self- employed entrepreneur, isn't good times. After deductions, you get slammed, even penalized for being single, luckily for me my account was able to save me from paying thousands in taxes down to $600...

To those who plan to start a lawn service or (whatever) it maybe, be prepared for the IRS ''wrath'' ....

I don't blame any of you guys for staying under (radar). Never except checks cause the person writing it might, use it as tax write off which in the end IRS traces back to you...Joe
  2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

This is part of running a business. Way to tell people to cheat so that those of us who do pay will eventually be taxed more to make up for guys like you.
  3. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Are you telling us to cheat?? Either way gotta love the system. Maybe what you need is a wife, a kid, a mortage, some interest expense, some health insurance/doctor/dentist bills, add some milage, and let the system work for you!!

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

You're not getting slammed, it's just with a regular job, you lose perspective of how much taxes you pay out of each check.
  5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Exactly!! If you have a good accountant and keep good records, taxes don't hurt so bad.
  6. Turf Commando

Cheat..? do whatever, you feel like it's a free country (understand) this Federal taxes is against the 16 Amendment of the Constitution so who's cheating who again....?
  7. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh great - another one of these tax cry babies. Look, Shut-UP and pay your DUE. You're the type of A$$hole that is ruining this industry. Stop trying to cheat the government and make the rest of us pay MORE because you do all your work for cash.
    Grow up and be a man. Pay your taxes. Pull your weight. Stop whining about taxes - they're a part of life. You like driving on the roads don't you? You like the nice lighted freeways don't you? Taxes pay for all that.
    $600 in taxes - and you're complaining?!? Please.
  8. Turf Commando

You will never understand.....:rolleyes:
    Trying to educate you is like teaching you the ABC now....
  9. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

When my accountant gets threw with all my deductions, I owe them nothing and I report every penny. The past 2 years I actually told him to make sure I had 4000 in taxable income to get my 4 credits I needed even though he could write it down to zero. I guess I don't make the big bucks you guys make:laugh: Now back in the 80's and 90's was another story. I sent them around 1200 bucks every quarter even after my deductions.
  10. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

You're right. I've been in this business for 28 successful years. I have no clue what I'm doing. I just continue to work thru the fog of it all and hope that someday, someone like you will shine some light on the path I should be taking.:dizzy: