The Grass Guys' Rig... a work in progress

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by grass guys, Jan 7, 2010.

1. grass guys

grass guys LawnSite Member

I have started this thread due to comments about my rig. From here on out till I finish customizing my lawn care truck I will post all of my updated pictures of the different things that I have done to my truck on this thread. And please feel free to comment...

I had a picture for everything I did to the truck since I bought it back in '07 but these pictures are all that I could salvage from my previous computer after it decided to die in the middle of the '08 Lawn Care Season....

The first and second pictures are what the truck looked like when I bought it used in 2007 it had 62K original miles and it was just a regular 11' flat bed construction truck. The pictures following are just where the customizing begins....

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

2. grass guys

Here are a few more....

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

3. grass guys

Here are a few more....

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.5.jpg

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Maybe its just me or the pictures but that dovetail looks nasty steep. I wonder why they did such an angle like that? I can see decks scraping and getting hung up top there.

Good idea though, no trailers the way to go!

5. grass guys

No it is not just you, the incline on my dovetail is wicked!!! Especially when I ride my Wright Stander up/down it. Funny thing... When I bought my Walkers and my Wright I had to see if they would work on my dovetail without getting caught and my Walker dealer said no he wouldn't ride it up my dovetail and my Wright Dealer rode it up but wouldn't come back down. Trust me it was a little scary the first time I did it but now I've gotten use to it. So I guess it is a good deterrent for thieves.... :cool2:
    But I had to put a metal plate on the top of the dovetail so my Walkers wouldn't get hung up.

My welder tried 5 other designs, and this design was my last option, being since it is a construction truck it wasn't really meant for a Lawn Care Truck... I will try to take some close up pix when we get a good day.

6. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like a nice design.

7. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

Definitely Subscribed!:waving:

8. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

I agree. That would never work with my Scags as low as the drag. Even when I had my 01' Isuzu(It's lower than your truck), I had to put a 2X4 at the end of the gate to keep my Exmark from dragging-the pitch makes all the difference. One way to combat that is to put a 2' versus a 4' dove on the truck and that makes it less steep. I also noticed a bend where the dove meets the gate versus a nice straight decline-that may bend on you down the road-that would be a problem for me, especially with a full blown ZTR. Overall, nice transformation!

9. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

It should have had 2 bends one at the top then a foot or two back and the angle would have been a lot less
    i like the truck

10. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

Oh how I wish I had a truck like this! Love it!