1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The Great Debate Which ZTR Poll

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Dancer, Apr 2, 2003.

Which ZTR for Commercial Properties ?

1. Exmark Lazer Z HP 52" 23 Kawasaki

9 vote(s)
  2. Hustler Super Mini Z 52" 25 Kawasaki

5 vote(s)
  3. Exmark Lazer Liquid Cooled 60" 27 Kawasaki

24 vote(s)
  1. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I am in the market for a ZTR I was thinking of origionally buying a Stand on Machine but I am now thinking of a ZTR and a wb like a 32 or 36 Exmark. I am not sure yet which ZTR to buy Closest dealers other than SCAG are a Ways away (200) miles.
    Please vote on this poll. If I go 52" I am thinking the Exmark Lazer Z HP 23 Kawasaki or the Hustler Super Mini Z 52" w/ 25 Kawasaki.

If I go the 60" I am thinking the Exmark Liquid Cooled 27 Kawasaki.

I left out Ferris and Great Dane because they don't ofer bagging systems for the Models I am interested in

Also do you see any disadvantage to the 52 vs. 60 other than cut width ? I am Thinking maybe just go with the 60 and forget the 52 ? Please vote, Also this machine will only be used on a few commercial properties as I don't have any residential properties where this sized machine could be used ! I thought about just getting a 32" wb and use it all the time and eliminate the 21" machines alltogather
  2. Huften Lawn Care

Huften Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from CT

WALKER 48" GHS!!!!!
  3. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I never thought I'd say this but if you have a good dealer who stocks parts, go look at a Husky. We have a new dealer that carries Husqvarna now and they have about three locations that all stock spindles!
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have the 52" HP and the ultra vac for leaf season. The HP will hold hills. I mean hold hills. The cut is great and the kawi has a lot of torque. Its a beast.

The Hustler should be a good machine also. If I was going to buy anything other than eXmark it would be a Hustler.

Demo both machines on YOUR properties. Find the one that works best under your circumstances and which you like better.
  5. musselman

musselman LawnSite Senior Member
    from utah

Im with Huften...Walker.especially now that I have a perfareator to go with that 48" GHS deck...I also have a 62" SD deck...This mower does it all.....
  6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

NONE OF THE ABOVE! 60" EPS!!!!

lazer resized.jpg
  8. Huften Lawn Care

Huften Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from CT

Hey musselman, how do you like the 62" SD. does it work better than rear discharging under the right conditions? Thinking about getting a SD deck, any thoughts? thanks.
  9. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

IB.....if you think that you like the Husky mowers..buy a FD Kees instead...same product at much lower costs

I advise staying away from this outdated product myself...there are much better choices for the same kind of money!!
  10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, like that NEW ECHO ZTR they're talking about! :blush: