The heat is on!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 6'7 330, Jul 28, 2006.

1. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Are any of you're area's in an extreme heat, humidity situation ? Through next Wednesday, our area landscapers, LCO'S and or their employees ,will be toiling with brutal temps and humidities in the danger zone. If you're in areas experiencing heat, humidity condition's in the red zone,you, and or you're employees drink water and work safe!

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

In the 90's for the next week yet and brutal humidity.
    We went from being 3.5" down on precipitation to now being 4" above average as well, all in a matter of about a 2 month period.
    The grass and the weeds are in a major competition..........:dizzy:

3. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

Well I'M not complaining about being cold that's for sure.

4. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here...fortunatly I am not working as I am on vacation next week...golfing....

5. onthesidelawncare

onthesidelawncare LawnSite Member
    from Jax. FL

It is going to be hot here. It is good to mix half Gaterade and half water it balances your electrolites, keeps you from getting too many cramps, and allowes your brain to process sugars, and vitamin b12. Basically it will lessen the chance of a heat stroke ( some of the handy knowlege I have learned being a firefighter/paramedic down here). Work safe everyone

6. randosh4

randosh4 LawnSite Member

105 for the last 7 days here. can you say HEAT STROKE

7. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Going to be near 100 plus high humidity here next week. Luckily are lawns are all in big groups so we get done no later than 1 every day.

8. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

107 today. Humidity is low where I am. When I came in from the heat was soaked. Between Rapid City and Sturgis they have a fire burning, last time I checked it was at about 2000 acres. Structures lost.

9. sweatyclippingcoveredguy

sweatyclippingcoveredguy LawnSite Member

...and there's always the well intending a@#hole customer who asks "how bout this heat!"

10. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

98 to 106 last week and this week and 100% humidity.