the heck with the dog, just do it!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Aug 29, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i have a property that i service on sunday mornings. todays service was supposed to be mow job, treat for grubs, spray the beds. upon arrival i saw the dog was in the back yard(fenced in yard). i know the dog, he doesn't bother me. i cut the grass, then called the client on his cell phone. i told him i really couldn't put chemicals down with the dog being outside. he said, "the hell with the dog, just do it." the man would not be home till this evening, which means the dog will be out there all day. do you do the treatments?

2. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

not grub treatment..... maybe some straight fertilizer, maybe..... nah, i wouldn't put down anything.

3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

NO! The dog doesn't wanta kill you. . .why would you wanta kill the dog? You oughta twist that guy's head off and p!ss down his throat for treating that dog that way!

4. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope, nothing if the dog is going to be out on it, even fertilizer can burn the pads on their feet. Miserable sight, a dog with chemical burns on their feet.

5. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

no i would not have done it because i know what it would have done to the dog and i am not an idiot. did you do it??

6. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

My old boss and I once sprayed a lawn (heavily) with Trimec. He told the lady keep kids and pets off for 24 hrs. She let's the dog out as we were leaving. He stops tells her to put him in she gets nasty and refuses. He takes the dog with us, he already had his dog in the truck. Now it's me him and two dogs. Next day he got in a big fight with her and wound up keeping her dog. This guy was a legend!

7. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

No way. U have more knowledge of what your puttin down than him. Plus it sounds like u may have more concern for his dog than he does. May add clause in contracts dealing with this issue if not added already

8. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

He dogknapped her dog?

9. printer88

printer88 LawnSite Member

Sounds like she did'nt deserve the dog in the first place.

10. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

HE LIBERATED THE DOG