the hidden shopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by charlies, Mar 17, 2004.

1. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

last year we picked up this client, a doctor. he's a cardiac surgeon. we thought he was a good client, paid on time, fit nicely in one of our routes, not a complainer.

he called me up recently and asked me to work up an estimate for our complete package of services. I sent him out an itemized proposal that came to about $7500 on the year. not great, but not too shabby, we would make decent money on the contract.

anyway, he called today. he said his son would be coming every other week to mow the lawn, and could we just mow it on the weeks he doesn't he also said he would like us to put down the mulch w/out any bed prep. and is there some way to reduce the cost of weeding his beds every month.

i am working on the 'unfortunately, we will not be able to provide you with service under those terms' letter.
  2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

You want a cookie?
  3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yea, and can you loan him a mower, so he can cut it on the off weeks?
  4. PLI1

PLI1 LawnSite Senior Member

Dump him like a hot potato!
  5. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

no just answer my question dangit, lol.

i don't know what happened, i think i had a question when i started, i can't remember now.:confused: maybe i was just looking for a little validation!
  6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

he called and told you about the everyother week thing. Cant you call and tell him no? If he has a problem ask if he can gaurantee good results for a relative of yours that had a heart attack and was operated on in zimbabwi and needs a follow up operation. Then tell him its the same for lawn care. He will get the point, and you will get the satisfaction.
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry. This chef doesn't share the kitchen with ANYone.
  8. protouchlawn

protouchlawn LawnSite Member

I am quite sure he will be calling you back when his yard looks like crap. Don't burn the bridge-just have a price increase when he does call you!!!
  9. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

heres a pic for next time:D

want a cookie.jpg
  10. energy

energy LawnSite Member

people always find pleasure in other's pain. i'll take that cookie, oh and some milk please.