The History of the Hosta in Europe and more...

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Hostavalley, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Hostavalley

Hostavalley LawnSite Member

Hello hosta Fans,

I have been working on a new update on my Hostawebsite
    ( www.Hostavalley.com ) I have placed some new Hosta photos and wil do so in the near future. I have write a article about : The history of the Hosta in Europe...

I hope you Will visit my Hostavalley and give your opinion.

What do you think about my own Hostaintroduction Hosta 'Valley's Vanilla Sticks'??
    It's a dwarf Hosta.
    I hope to hear from you soon.

jeroen Linneman.

2. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Groetjes Jeroen. Werkt u met andere soorten planten?

Ik heb goede vrienden in Lisse en ik ben naar uw land enkele tijden geweest. Ik wens dat ik opnieuw zou kunnen bezoeken.

3. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

Ya! Das ist gut!! (What little I've learned from one year of H.S. German!!!)

Anyways, whats with the sudden "Hosta Hype" on this board?? Its Host-sterical!!

Jason

4. Hostavalley

Thanks for your kind words about my website. next to Hostas I also growe hellebore. But Hostas breeding is my main goal. I hope you will return to my website. You can always mail me if you have a question about Hostas or gardening. I'm a horticulture teacher in Holland.

groeten Jeroen.

Nice dutch answer from you senior!!!

5. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Hellebores? I never would have guessed. Maybe with hellebores you try to get the perfect black flower... I used to cross pollenate amaryllis, but it takes years to get what you want.

Really Jason, "host-sterical"? Maybe that could be the name of a new hosta that Jeroen comes up with.

6. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

Hmm thats a good idea Critical. Jeroen, give me credit if you do that! :)

Jason

7. Hostavalley

Hello Lawn friends,

Thanks for the kind e- mails of some of you that you send. Some of you also asked me the last time to let you know when there are new photos on the Hostavalley website ( www.hostavalley.com ).......

Well I have placed some new "Hostas of the week" ( like Sea Gulf Stream, Northern Exposure and more.....)and photos of brand new Hostas, like the newest lakeside..... Hosta and the latest Striptease sport ( Hanky Panky ) on my Hostavalley website.....

and ofcourse there is the latest Hostanews....!!!

Let me know what you think about these Hostas..

Do you have any Hosta questions......just mail them to me!!!!

have a nice day.

jeroen linneman