The Houston TX Market

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jwilson32, Apr 10, 2003.

1. jwilson32

jwilson32 LawnSite Member

Im originally from Houston and moved to KS to play football and school. Im almost done with school and have re-started up my mowing company in KS. The market isnt to bad, theres a lot of competition, but thats normal. My dad is wanting me to move back and start a business with him. We wants to sell equipment and work on it and i can do the lawn and landscaping. Whats the market like there now? Im from the Sugarland are, there are tons of potential costumers.
    thanks for the help.

2. Coumbe

Coumbe LawnSite Senior Member

Stay in KC! In the past few years the cost per cut has gone low. Big companies run the market around here. If they only make $5.00 a job the land 1,000 jobs and call it good. Their quality is not as good but they do it so much cheaper it is hard to compete. I hope I helped.

3. MSYardman

MSYardman LawnSite Member
    from MS & LA

It's too bad that you didn't attend college and play ball in Texas, near where you grew up. Your name would probably have been recognized and given you a huge advantage when out selling.

But, you decided to go to Kansas. My advice would be to stay in Kansas and try to take advantage of your ties there.

I never understand these guys who leave the state to play sports and then are miffed when they aren't greeted with open arms when they decide to come back.

STAY IN KANSAS.