The Impending Election

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SpringValley, Oct 12, 2000.

1. SpringValley

SpringValley LawnSite Member

I don't want to discuss a lot of differing views and this is not the place for politics I know that. But, as small business men and women, we need to vote in the upcoming Presidential Election. Keep in mind, neither candidate may be your "choice" but there is one candidate worth voting AGAINST, that is Al Gore. George Bush as President will be the most favorable to us, the small business owner. The NFIB supports Bush and so should we. IF nothing else, make time to vote. Voting is our most cherished form of democracy and freedom and so many Americans choose not to vote. People in other countries are dying for the right to vote and establish a democracy.

So, end of sermon. Remember to VOTE on Nov. 7th.

Matt Kelley

2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

"I don't want to discuss a lot of differing views"<---Matt
    Oh yea? Thats not very democratic lol. Oh no we don't want a man who been part of a booming economy for the past 8 years. Why do we want a dum guy like Bush in office? he went to a siminar one time and admitted to another governor that he had no idea what the speakers were talking about. Al may live in a fantasy world but when he is lucid, least he can pronounce words correctly and can count.

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

hmmmm.... this compelling argument is making my choice easier. ;)

GEO

4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

yup, Im going to vote for the guy who invented the Internet, raped the strategic oil reserve, plans to complicate my tax return with a myriad of special interest tax credits, will create a Byzantine prescription drug program which will save the average senior a whopping $16 a year before expenses, et al...

Go to my Homepage for an opposing viewpoint.

5. stick

stick LawnSite Member

Ditto

6. Mowin4cash

Mowin4cash LawnSite Member

I should have realized from Charles' many previous posts that he was a liberal. You can spot them a mile away. The economy has not been booming for the last eight years. It only started booming when my good friends the Republicans took control of the Congress. Why is it so hard for liberals to understand. By the way, what is a "siminar". Must be liberal to alien code.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Well, it just certainly - certainly wouldn't be prudent now would it?

8. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

9. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Clinton had nothing to do with the booming economy-it was time-mickey mouse could've been in office-it wasnt the democrats doing at all.the economy is like a rollercoaster,now its time to go back down,are we going to blame the man in office or greenspan?what goes up,must come down.

10. Spring Valley wrote: "George Bush as President will be the most favorable to us, the small business owner."

George Bush will be the most favorable to big corporate business.

"Voting is our most cherished form of democracy and freedom and so many Americans choose not to vote."

And it is a good thing, too, for George Bush. Most who do not vote would vote democrat.

Mowin4cash wrote: "The economy has not been booming for the last eight years. It only started booming when my good friends the Republicans took control of the Congress."

Yes, and began spending more money than was asked for in the Clinton budget proposals. $25 Billion more in just the last three years.