The joys hidden objects

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Turf Commando, May 20, 2008.

1. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Mowed Dr office yesterday (new client).
    Grass was knee length, walked property looking for any object that shouldn't be mowed over, ended up hitting every huge stick, rock, and even a steel plate don't ask...
    Dulled my blades a little glad I purchased a commercial mower vs residential junk, otherwise the outcome would of been far beyond blade sharpening more like new deck...
  2. mike33087

mike33087 LawnSite Member

it never fails, no matter how many times you walk over a new account at that lenght your bound to hit something good
  3. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't begin to emphasize my frustration, it's Murphy's law out
  4. schunklawn

schunklawn LawnSite Member

i was finishing up a clients home yesterday and on my last pass with my 36in. husky "pow" a damn newspaper roll in green plastic wrap...i wasn't paying much attention, but would have had a hard time seeing it even if i was...spent the next 10-15 min. picking that crap up...aahhhh pissed me off
  5. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I hit a ground wire today, no damage to mower, but cut the wire in half
  6. huskres

huskres LawnSite Senior Member

Hit a stump today in knee high grass, was about 4 inches thick. It knocked my belt off of my spindle pulley on my 32" toro. Thank god it was easy to get back on. But it did piss me off.
  7. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

I found a stump at one of my foreclosure mows this week, my Everride just barked and kept going!!!
  8. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

gotta love those papers..especially when you are mowing and you do see a small piece of paper and try to avoid it and somehow it gets sucked up and your next pass you see not one, but now 10 pieces...boy do i get mad! how its gets sucked up, i have no clue. :cry: if i only picked up the one piece...LOL
  9. Merlin300

Merlin300 LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

A couple of years ago, I fell victim to a full wet diaper hidden in tall grass. It exploded and bits of Bio hazzard was stuck to myself and the mower. The smell was something the english language don't have words to describe it.
  10. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

oh man...thats gotta be the worst!