The joys of a chem only company

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by turf hokie, Apr 11, 2005.

1. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Did a sub-contract job on Sat at 8 am--18 acres finished around 4. Posted everything. Get a call from a wacko at 5:11 today saying she is calling the
    EPA b/c my signs are to far apart and the kids have been playing in my chemicals ALL DAY. I call back at 5:19, just walked in the door. And of course nobody is there to talk to, left a message.

What is wrong with this picture???

Why not call first thing in the morning if you thought my "pesticides" were an issue? ANS>She wants to try to cause problems for me.

Why call after hours when you know nobody will answer the phone? ANS> She wants to try to cause problems for me.

NO, there was nothing sprayed. All granular fert with dimension.

Solutuion to the problem to be determined. But I will start with ordering new signs that DO NOT have my name and number on them anymore. I guess what I thought was good advertisement is not..... :realmad:

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Keep your name and number just play by the rules and you will be fine she will probally not cause you no trouble.you get trouble makers do not sweat it

3. turf hokie

I wish it was that easy, NY DEC gets a phone call from an unhappy taxpayer, expect an audit.(and fine)

4. turf hokie

BTW, I play by the rules that is why the DEC gets to come check on me. I am in their system and easy to track. They should be out looking for the unlicensed, uninsured guys like I saw on Friday. 2 spanish lookin fellas, Spilled Pendemethlin in the road, no name on truck, no license registration on truck, no posting signs, didn't blow off road, driveway or walkway.

Who gets called? I do......makes you wonder who is the smart one sometimes.

5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

That is why I had my marker flags made without my company name or number. I figured it would be just asking for trouble from the wackos who want to blame you because there dog sneazed. :dizzy:

6. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Here in Ohio we are required to have our company name and phone number on the posting signs.

David

7. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

Also, it is best not to do those types of props on the weekend. We try to never to weekend aps becuase that is when people are outside.

EG

8. turf hokie

It was an office park. Nobody working or playing until Monday 8 am -- 48 hours after the application.

9. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

LOL

Guess those kids shouldn't have been out there! I hate that happened to you, I have actually dropped some bigger homeowner/townhome sets becuase the people were just itching to cause me trouble and the little bit of $$$ wasn't worth the risk of the lawsuit, or even the phone calls.

Sounds like things are going well up there for you, I wish you the best. When you get done, or bored, come on down and buy me out!

EG

10. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

on a good note, if you applied according to lable amount, and it was a dry application, the lable it's self should save you...