the largest lawn i ever bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

now u know in these parts, our lawns average 4-6k. well, today i bid a lawn that measured 75, 500 sq ft. flat , open grass, flat level ground, no need to bag. approx 20 min worth of weedwacking. how much? i gave my bid, she spit up her tea, and i was off. how much do YOU CHARGE to mow this?

2. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

What mower are you gonna use?

3. bobbygedd

from NJ

that's not an answer, it's a question. like i said, "what would YOU CHARGE to mow this property."

4. Threxx

Threxx LawnSite Member

The type of mower that can be used on the property makes a drastic difference in the amount of time it takes to mow. And since most people charge based on the time it'd take to mow, clarification is needed.

5. bobbygedd

from NJ

it's like i'm talkin to a wall. ok, i call threxx lawn service for a quote, YOU COME OUT, you see this property i described. HOW MUCH WILL YOU CHARGE??????

6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

one hour mowing or under, 20 min trimming 80.00

7. Blade-o-grass

Blade-o-grass LawnSite Member

When you are searching for an answer to something you OBVIOUSLY DON'T KNOW, then it would behoove you to find out why he asked you about your equipment. How about this....how much did you charge? and why?
    Bids are made, usually, by how long it will take you to do the job and the size of mower will determine that.

8. bobbygedd

from NJ

wow, did i punch in the wrong info, and end up in a mental ward? ok, i'll try to make it even simpler. i'm assuming blade-o-grass lawn service, owns lawn mowers. ok, using blade-o-grass's lawn mowers, how much would blade-o-grass charge, to mow the above mentioned property?

9. Threxx

Threxx LawnSite Member

I'm relatively new to this forum but the way you to talk to people after asking them for advice... I don't see how you haven't been given the boot from this forum.

Anyhow. It's a simple question. What kind of mower will this lawn allow? Some lawns require smaller mowers to get into tighter spaces, through fences, or just due to owner preferences.

It's a simple question and you're spending more time trying to belittle other members than it would take you to just answer it.

10. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

People! Look at the post count! Bobby is asking this question and knows the answer. He asks these types of questionsto make people think....

My anwer Booby...$185.00

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.