The latest verizon droid update

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Oct 17, 2011.

1. So I ran the latest andy roid update and what a ds redo. They totally screwed up the ability to add phone numbers to different groups using the phone. The guy at the verizon store said I need to go online to reorganize or edit my contact groups. All I can do is load it into my main contact list which has like 200+ numbers in it.

Any other gripes about the droid update? Anybody happy with it?
  2. stebs

stebs LawnSite Senior Member

My biggest issue with the android software (I have a droid), is that there is a bug in it that causes the phone to just delete all of the text messages. I've had mine for a little over a year and just had this happen to me a couple weeks ago. Lost 4k to 5k text messages that i can never get back.... Come March.... Hello iPhone...
  3. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

i have the android Cassio Commando. since the last update a week or two ago my phone has been freezing up constantly.
  4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Most of you know I'm pretty much out of the business after thirty years in the trenches.
    My question is, do these android-type gizmos improve productivity and make more profit,
    or waste a lot of time (& money) dinking around with them in the field, and why?
  5. contract is up in March as well
  6. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I keep a laptop with internet access in the truck so I don't use mine to much, while working. It did come in real handy a few weeks ago when I was doing a service call on a controller I had never encountered before. After a little searching I was able to download a pdf of the manual.
  7. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

I didn't really care for it at first but I got used to it after a few weeks. I still like my Droid better than the iPhone, but that's mostly because I was so mistreated by the Apple folks that I've vowed to never buy another Apple product again as long as I live. I was really disappointed when Apple bought Nintendo, we're going to have to become a PS3 or Xbox family now.
  8. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

Apple didn't buy Nintendo.....
  9. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

Smart phones , while they piss me off. Are extremely beneficial in todays age
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Why? So you could send me a message via the SP?