The Lawn Is Full of Weeds!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TGCummings, Apr 23, 2002.

1. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

Just cancelled service on a customer I've had for nearly a year. He's from out of town but has been having me do his parents' house here in town. It was one of those "do the work and send the bill to this address" kind of things.

Today he tells me that when he was there on Easter he was flabbergasted to see the lawn full of weeds and, at my prices, the place should look like a golf course. Well, it's a weed lawn and always has been from before I took it over. You can't "weed control" a weed lawn because that's called killing it. ;)

I guess the moral of this story is that I should have made the guy come down and look at the lawn before I started. It was a disaster, and I did quite a good job keeping it looking nice. The very best that could be done. His mother loved my work, and loved me.

This is, however, why I don't like to do work for anyone besides the person paying the bill.

The last thing he said to me was that I needed to give him a REASONABLE rate for the kind of work I do. I told him that once his new lawn was put in I could maintain it at the highest level in town, but my rates were not negotiable.

I also told him that, at any rate, I would pass. Some people you just can't work for. Good riddance.