The leaf loader at work !!!! Not bad for a lawnboy !!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kipper, Dec 15, 2006.

1. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

Here are the finish pics of converting my POS trac-vac in to a leaf loader for the dump trailer...

Don't worry about the driving through the yard thing it's my mom's house and she was just happy to have here leaves up..

Up on the docket for next week is getting a new mesh tarp that fits better a 15ft hose and possiblly moving the mounting location of the loader ot the pass rear corner and mounting it to the door so whe i open the door it swings wth the door.

Tell me what ya think...

vaccum working 2.jpg

vaccuum working 3.jpg
  2. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks good but you may fill it up fast. Would it be possible to build taller sides if needed? That Dodge truck pulling the trailer is nice too.
  3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

looks good!
  4. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

I have been trying to fill it up the past two days and just as soon as I think it is filling up, i go to the next job and boom all of it settles toward the bottom.

The sides are four feet right now. I could extend another two feet..

Thanks for comp on the truck. It will be a PITA to keep it cleen with all of the dust...:clapping:
  5. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

how many hp is your trac-vac?
  6. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

6hp kohler. It has 1800 cfm of vacuum !!! I pointed the discharge snout toard the floor of the tailer at the begining aand it blasted the surface rust of of the floor. I think that was part of the problem with the trac-vac not working very good is because of the froce of the debris..

I really wish I could find someone who wanted the remaining parts of the trac-vac they are in new condition.
  7. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

do you feel that 6hp is sufficient? i've been looking into getting a leaf loader for next season and it seems you need to get a 16 hp or up for it to be really worthwhile
  8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

It seems like it is working good enough for him. Who cares what the HP is as long as it works.
  9. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

thats a nice setup . However I could grind that pile into 1 bag of leaf dust in 10 min. and leave it at the customers curb and be gone. I know people have their own methods and some don't believe it can be done. I have no reason to lie and its not bragging. I learned the method here on lawnsite many years ago and had to try it to believe it too.
  10. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

That's exactly what I want to do with an extra giant vac blower I have. Can you post some more pics? I'd like to see your hose connections. Tony