the leaves are on my yard again

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Dec 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i said it before, i'll say it again, CLEANING LEAVES IS A HASSLE! i've got at least 4 customers who havn't paid thier bill yet (due on the 5th), and thier reason is....."more leaves are on my property, when you "finish" i'll send in the check". we leave a spotless job ob our last visit of the season, then 40-50 mph winds blow stuff from a block away, and they think i'm supposed to come back and clean them up, at no charge

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Just tell them Bobby, "enough already", leaves will blow onto their yard all winter long. Period

3. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

I hate PITA people like that. Always trying to get something for nothing. I work PT at a resturant waiting tables and I get these kind of people all the time.

4. bobbygedd

from NJ

you know what rod, i am so freakin sick and tired of every stupid game these people play. i'm not justifying myself to anyone. i figured out last year how to keep this problem from getting me. as you know, i love the pre paid fert program, it is leverage even more powerful than the shovel. so here is how that works. they don't get thier last fert and lime, until the final bill of the season is paid. so, they want a return trip? sure, no problemo. leave me a check. i go, grab the check, spend 15 minutes blowing off the lawn, and get compensated for this by not doing thier last two aplications, which are already paid for.

5. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Gedd, im amazed your not more of an icon in the lawn industry.

6. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

"more leaves are on my property, when you "finish" i'll send in the check".
    Tell her she is right MORE LEAVES ARE ON HER PROPERTY, but you picked up each and every one of them when you were there. And since you have no relation to mother nature you will not be able to stop her from blowing the leaves around. Let her know you do leaf CLEANUP not leaf INVENTORY.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

BTW, whatever you do, do NOT agree to a Spring Cleanup for these types...they will drive you ape sh*t

8. bobbygedd

from NJ

what would you do? go back, cleanup, and hand her $5 bucks?

9. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I gota do one touch up and why because the witch has 1800 of my money. Its a big account thats only her clean up and some fall seeding work. But I have had enough and as of next year she is gone non stop complainer worse one of the year.

10. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Well first of all i wouldnt steal from her

Secondly all my customers know that i will be doing 3-4 leaf cleanups a season. So up until the last fall sometime in Jan they will have leaves on their yard.

I guess im just amazed at the amount of trouble you have with your clients. Mine pay me on time, they thank me, they reccomend me, the even send me Christmas gifts and make me lunch.

With all the problems you have im surprised you just havent called it quits. Unless most of these stories are BS....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.