Lawn Care Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

the leaves are on my yard again

5K views 77 replies 17 participants last post by  1MajorTom 
#1 ·
i said it before, i'll say it again, CLEANING LEAVES IS A HASSLE! i've got at least 4 customers who havn't paid thier bill yet (due on the 5th), and thier reason is....."more leaves are on my property, when you "finish" i'll send in the check". we leave a spotless job ob our last visit of the season, then 40-50 mph winds blow stuff from a block away, and they think i'm supposed to come back and clean them up, at no charge

#4 ·
you know what rod, i am so freakin sick and tired of every stupid game these people play. i'm not justifying myself to anyone. i figured out last year how to keep this problem from getting me. as you know, i love the pre paid fert program, it is leverage even more powerful than the shovel. so here is how that works. they don't get thier last fert and lime, until the final bill of the season is paid. so, they want a return trip? sure, no problemo. leave me a check. i go, grab the check, spend 15 minutes blowing off the lawn, and get compensated for this by not doing thier last two aplications, which are already paid for.

#6 ·
"more leaves are on my property, when you "finish" i'll send in the check".
Tell her she is right MORE LEAVES ARE ON HER PROPERTY, but you picked up each and every one of them when you were there. And since you have no relation to mother nature you will not be able to stop her from blowing the leaves around. Let her know you do leaf CLEANUP not leaf INVENTORY.

#10 ·
Well first of all i wouldnt steal from her

Secondly all my customers know that i will be doing 3-4 leaf cleanups a season. So up until the last fall sometime in Jan they will have leaves on their yard.

I guess im just amazed at the amount of trouble you have with your clients. Mine pay me on time, they thank me, they reccomend me, the even send me Christmas gifts and make me lunch.

With all the problems you have im surprised you just havent called it quits. Unless most of these stories are BS....

#11 ·
Bobby, I know you have a lot of Oak (pin, red, white) trees where you live, as do I. They fall all winter long. These propellor heads will try and have you back if they see leaves on top of the snow as they come down.

Do undo others...you get the rest IMO.

#12 ·
bobbygedd said:
i said it before, i'll say it again, CLEANING LEAVES IS A HASSLE! i've got at least 4 customers who havn't paid thier bill yet (due on the 5th), and thier reason is....."more leaves are on my property, when you "finish" i'll send in the check". we leave a spotless job ob our last visit of the season, then 40-50 mph winds blow stuff from a block away, and they think i'm supposed to come back and clean them up, at no charge
so how's that different from the other post you had.
Wonder if the neighbor's landscaper had the same call when you and 50 mph windsblewleaves in thier yards????

#14 ·
bobbygedd said:
you know what rod, i am so freakin sick and tired of every stupid game these people play. i'm not justifying myself to anyone. i figured out last year how to keep this problem from getting me. as you know, i love the pre paid fert program, it is leverage even more powerful than the shovel. so here is how that works. they don't get thier last fert and lime, until the final bill of the season is paid. so, they want a return trip? sure, no problemo. leave me a check. i go, grab the check, spend 15 minutes blowing off the lawn, and get compensated for this by not doing thier last two aplications, which are already paid for.
so you lie and promise them something with no intention of fufilling your end of the deal???

#15 ·
packerbacker said:
Well first of all i wouldnt steal from her

Secondly all my customers know that i will be doing 3-4 leaf cleanups a season. So up until the last fall sometime in Jan they will have leaves on their yard.

I guess im just amazed at the amount of trouble you have with your clients. Mine pay me on time, they thank me, they reccomend me, the even send me Christmas gifts and make me lunch.

With all the problems you have im surprised you just havent called it quits. Unless most of these stories are BS....
are they patting you on the back, or on top of your head? i don't allow people to "patt" me. well kid, around here i don't work in january. hey, if you were my lawn boy, and gave me a nice job at 20-30% lower than the going rate, i'd be happy too. and btw, it aint stealing. it's stealing when they hold my money hostage in order to get more work out of me. i tend to think of it as fair and reasonable compensation.

#17 ·
bobbygedd said:
are they patting you on the back, or on top of your head? i don't allow people to "patt" me. well kid, around here i don't work in january. hey, if you were my lawn boy, and gave me a nice job at 20-30% lower than the going rate, i'd be happy too. and btw, it aint stealing. it's stealing when they hold my money hostage in order to get more work out of me. i tend to think of it as fair and reasonable compensation.
Could you point on the post where i said they "patt me"?

If you dont work in jan then thats you have no right to complain about someone calling you to come back and clean the yard up again. Im a full service lawn maintenance company. I provide year round work for customers. I dont shut my door in DEC and tell customers to take a hike for 3 months.

#18 ·
someone please tell yardbird he is on my ignore list. since the powers that guide us have advised me that i cannot talk to this man like the vermin that he is, i've chose to ignore him.

#19 ·
YardPro, I don't condone or concur with everything that bobby does.

BUT, I do know what he is talking about with doing leafs up here in NJ this late in the year. I am empathetic with how he feels about this and also agree there is only so much you can do. Now, the lawns have frost on them in the morning and the last couple of mornings we had temps in the 20's. So my question to a cleanup customer would be, "do you want me to take the chance of damaging your lawn by walking on it or taking my leaf vac equipment across it this late in the year?"

#20 ·
rodfather said:
YardPro, I don't condone or concur with everything that bobby does.

BUT, I do know what he is talking about with doing leafs up here in NJ this late in the year. I am empathetic with how he feels about this and also agree there is only so much you can do. Now, the lawns have frost on them in the morning and the last couple of mornings we had temps in the 20's. So my question to a cleanup customer would be, "do you want me to take the chance of damaging your lawn by walking on it or taking my leaf vac equipment across it this late in the year?"
Its been in the teens here every morning for a week and half. You just have to make due with the situation and whats given you.

#21 ·
that's what they do to little boys, and puppy dogs, they patt them on the head and say, "good boy". sorry packie, i don't know of anyone here that cleanes leaves in january. in fact thier contract says we don't work past dec. 15th, but, when the final cleanup is done at your property, the fat lady has sung, wether it's nov. 28th, dec. 1st, 5th, whatever.

#22 ·
Shawns Lawns said:
"more leaves are on my property, when you "finish" i'll send in the check".
Tell her she is right MORE LEAVES ARE ON HER PROPERTY, but you picked up each and every one of them when you were there. And since you have no relation to mother nature you will not be able to stop her from blowing the leaves around. Let her know you do leaf CLEANUP not leaf INVENTORY.
I'd let them know that you did as you promised, can't help from other leaves blowing in now. Mention that your working on your spring cleanup special for the next season and wondered if they would like to sign up and prepay for it.

#23 ·
bobbygedd said:
that's what they do to little boys, and puppy dogs, they patt them on the head and say, "good boy". sorry packie, i don't know of anyone here that cleanes leaves in january. in fact thier contract says we don't work past dec. 15th, but, when the final cleanup is done at your property, the fat lady has sung, wether it's nov. 28th, dec. 1st, 5th, whatever.
Again i will ask you, could you point out the post where i said they "patt" me? If you cant do it then let me know. Its really quite simple. Or were you making that up to?

#24 ·
I think it's fair to not provide more serives if they with hold payment on work you already did and it was done properly and he has every intention of doing the fert. as long as they don't try and with hold payment on services rendered. One question though Bobby, what if they didn't buy the fert. program though?

#25 ·
out4now said:
I think it's fair to not provide more serives if they with hold payment on work you already did and it was done properly and he has every intention of doing the fert. as long as they don't try and with hold payment on services rendered. One question though Bobby, what if they didn't buy the fert. program though?
Of course its fair but doesnt anyone think its weird how many PITA customers Gedd has? Every day he's here with a different story about a different customer that is SUPPOSEDLY trying to rip him off.

#26 ·
I empathise also. But, I still think it's unreputable for him to use this pre paid fertalizer scam that he does. He's made several referances to doing the same thing. All this does is make our industry seem less professional. It will make customers less willing to pre pay for services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.