The leaves fell NOW

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by kc2006, Nov 6, 2005.

1. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Talk about a messed up fall. Normally leaves are falling like mad in mid to late October. I didn't even do anything with leaves in October this year. Just this week we started to really get into leaves, the tree's were holding on though (they just changed colors last few days of october when we had a heavy frost). I thought for sure it was going to be another late year doing leaves into middle or late december...nope. Last night and all of today we had alot of wind, pretty much 80-90% of the tree's are bare now, and leaves are everywhere.

All my weekly customers are scheduled to get a complete fall clean up either the 3rd or 4th week of November and this looks about right. Hopefully I can get alot of calls for one time cleanups this week too.

Hows the fall season going for everyone else?

2. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

storm just came through NY ... gona be a mess this week cleaning up... leaves everywhere... get the blowers fired up for this week guys... fall cleanup is here now...

3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Well, like you said all the leaves are coming down now in Columbus. Some trees are totally bare after last night and today. I did the leaves at my Mom's house yesterday and I would say 60 percent of them are now in the neighbors yards. (curbside pick up here) Her Front tree is empty and the back ones have a ways to go. Went by some customers this afternoon and about the same thing. I just hope the wind dies down for Monday. Then we get more storms later this week.

JP

4. DistLawns

DistLawns LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I'm just starting my second week of cleanups, hopeing to be done by the 3rd week in Nov.Thanksgiving is always tha cutoff here, because it usually snows. So this year Ive given myself untill thanksgiveng to finish everything, then I'm taking a vacation to Cabo San Lucas starting thanksgiving day, so i HAVE to be done.Sort of a good way to call it quits for the year.