The likely lads and our machines

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Squizzy246B, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B LawnSite Senior Member

Just a pic from the end of todays work, doesn't show the machines too well but the 302.5 is a demo. Its a 2001 model with god knows how many hours on it...the meter doesn't work. I find it typically older Caterpillar, rudimentary, solid as a rock and goes like a bat out of hell.

We are waiting for a near new 301.8 and the dealer offered this machine for comparison (and because he wants to sell us a bigger one) but its a bit big for what we want. Just a good solid machine all the same with impressive performance. Even on this site it was able to get down in a corner, between a sewage main and a tree to dig out footings (through tree roots) which would have taken 1 man 2-3 hours...and in a space too small for the 161.

Notice in the second pic the black & white supervisor is trying to escape the photo.:rolleyes:

dodgeybros 006.jpg

dodgeybros 008.jpg

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Cool man what's the weather like 25 degrees here.

3. Squizzy246B

TD: It got to 24 degrees here today too...but like I'm talking Celcius and I suspect that you might be talking Farenheit...which is ummm...minus 4 deg C I think:dizzy: Bbbrrrrrrrrr

4. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

It's about 4 degrees... Fahrenheit... in Chicago, where I am now. Charming.

5. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Hey Squizz...that's a scary looking bunch you got there....who's the old guy in the middle:waving:

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a funny picture I never thought I would see a 161 dwarf another excavator its usually the oposite the 161 size machine is the smallest used here and full size excavators dwarf it :laugh:

Like I say anything is better than a shovel and wheelbarrow :drinkup:

7. Squizzy246B

Tim, thats John my biz partner. I took the pic so you are spared:eek:

8. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Squizzy, Looks to me like ya got a hard workin bunch of guys in that pic. The "supervisor" running away in pic #2 is he yours?

Rob

9. Squizzy246B

Rob, yes he's mine. "Jacks" the kelpie/border collie cross, chases birds, mice and cats.

10. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Jacks needs a raise....rest of the bunch looks to be on lunch break.....man that soil looks sandy....