the little guys jackpot!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by REENO, Jun 27, 2005.

  1. REENO

    REENO LawnSite Member
    Posts: 116

    question? townhomes, does anybody bother to cut townhomes and if not,then why? if you do how much do or would you charge?
  2. BCSteel

    BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 876

    Fixed costs + variable costs + labour + profit = costs.

  3. REENO

    REENO LawnSite Member
    Posts: 116

    bare w/ me. your saying that for twenty dollars you wouldnt cut five townhomes in one complex even if it took 1hour and a 1/2
  4. daveintoledo

    daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,587

    each? id tell them my min. is 25 per lawn....
  5. ken0564

    ken0564 LawnSite Member
    Posts: 141

    let's see...5 lawns = 1.5hrs = $20. NOPE. Now..if you could do all 5 in 20-25 minutes...maybe.

    if it's $20 per lawn then i'd look at it to decide but that sounds more in line where i would need to be.
  6. REENO

    REENO LawnSite Member
    Posts: 116

    it is 20 per yard=100 per hr makes since to me . what do you make an hr?
  7. jbell113

    jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 654

    Your wording is all screwed up. Of course I would but the way you said it sounded like 5 townhomes all for $20.
  8. REENO

    REENO LawnSite Member
    Posts: 116

    maybe.but what im saying and you r too, i that towhomes r a waste of time for the kingpins of this site?
  9. Quail Creek LC

    Quail Creek LC LawnSite Member
    from IOWA
    Posts: 155

    Any lawn is worth the time as long as you make the rates that you want to hit.
  10. BCSteel

    BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 876

    I said, know YOUR numbers. Who gaf about my numbers? Only me. Who gaf about your numbers, only you. If you can reach your goals on those townhouses for the numbers that you posted, go for it and dont worry about what anyone else is charging.

    90% of my work is apartments, townhouses and condos with the other 10% industrial. Its been this way for me for 7 years now. If you know your numbers you can make great money, if you only guess at your estimates you will not make it.

Share This Page