The Little Wonder v's The Force

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frue, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Demoed both today same horse power. The force was lighter and a 100 dollars more.
    Now for the real deal which blew better? The little wonder blew the gravel further.

My pick Little Wonder

2. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Little Wonder hands down- I've had my LW 10HP blower for 4 years now- nothing stronger! It'll blow away small children if you're not careful LOL :cool2:

3. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

ok thats fine. im not for either one cuz i have no clue, ive never used one. but couldnt the discharge hole been sitting higher or lower than one or the other? could there have been a small difference in gravel size,thickness,angle on the pavement or concrete? the forces discharge is adjustable by hand. (dont know about lw)? could they have been pointed at a slightly different angle? if little wonder has discharge pointing in 2 directions,up and down. and force is all one stream then i just dont see it happening? not saying your wrong or lieing or nothin though:)

4. rootslawnservice

rootslawnservice LawnSite Member

Use the " Force" Luke. I just got a 9hp robin, Force and it is stronger then my old 13hp honda billygoat blower. Check out Billygoats web site. They do this demo on 7 different walk-behind blowers. If I would have had more money I would have bought the 13hp Honda, they show it moving a 42lb block 3 feet.

5. Frue

That video if you watch does potray a accurate test. The little wonder air pattern is split in 2.
    Thats why I wanted to see it in unbiased test with the dealer right there. The dealer was amazed by the test to see the gravel go further.
    i am not a hater of the force if the force would have won the test i would have went home with it.
    I adjusted the forces pattern several ways. In the video also did not stop by the bricks with the little wonder as long as the force stopped.

6. Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete LawnSite Member

It's amazing but I found the opposite to be true. With the Billy Goat Force aim and shoot I was able to get the rocks about 3 foot further than the Optimax. In wet leaves the LW split diverter was a nightmare. I was having to continually adjust it whereas with the Force I've been a rockin' and a rollin' as I adjust the discharge from the handle.

Noise, what about noise? I thought he LW howled like a scalded monkey. What about weight? Did you push them uphill during the test? We weighed them on the dealers freight scale and it was over 20 pounds different. I don't know about you but that's a whole lot of weight at the end of the day.

To each his own but I wouldn't recommend the LW to even my closest competitor.

7. Frue

the aim and shoot is also 75.00 dollars more. Now is the force 175 dollars better than the lw. Like I said I would have went home with it if it would have blew the gravel further.

8. rootslawnservice

rootslawnservice LawnSite Member

Are you blowing gravel or leaves? Today with 4 guys,2 on 60inch lazer with quick dump baggers,and 2 guys on walkbehind bg blowers we did a 5 acer property with 40 big trees in 2 and a half hours. One blower is 13hp older bg on the front of a third lazer,JRCO blower dolly. The other was a brand new 9hp " Froce ", on foot. It was awesome, we have never done this property this fast.

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

My 10hp goat is 6 years old, from before the star wars days :laugh:
    Worst thing about it is that Briggs engine, I've had problems with that almost since day one.
    But it still runs good, when it wants to, most of the time.

What sold me on it was that adjustable chute.
    And yes I agree, most any 9+ hp blower is the thing to have for leaves.
    At least 8, they say.