1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The Lwan Care Business in DROUGHT conditions.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by trey_bernhardt, Jun 28, 2009.

1. June 28, 2009 * San Antonio, Texas. Trey Bernhardt, here! I own BMW-Pro Lawn Services. This is our 2nd year in a row where most Texas is in drought conditions and many home are facing lawn burn off as we did last year. Water restrictions are being instituted by more and more cities and counties daily. I have continued to pray for rain, and this is the second year of such prayer. And still NO rain. Maybe someone knows a good "RAIN DANCE"!

Trey Bernhardt

SEMI-RETIRED LawnSite Member

Same here trey, i think today is the 34th day, no rain, some areas of houston did
    get some during the week, very spotty, but nothing out here...

I have to do all my subdivisions next week, but i am going to be mowing a lot of
    dust, stop a lot to blow dust off the mower, hard on the blades etc..

I just do vac lots and right of ways, very few residential, i do the points, pool and boat docks, and clubhouse areas also every two weeks, so it will be a long week LOL..

Hope we get some rain soon, might take a tropical depression to break this drought..
  3. dtelawn

dtelawn LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Here over in AL for the last 5 months we have been pounded by more rain than we have seen in several years but the last couple of weeks have been very hot and dry. The extreme temps have sucked the life out of most of my accounts. Today my area did get a decent storm roll through. It was spotty so I don't know how much water we actually got.
  4. Well praise the Lord for rain. For the last few weeks we have had rain. Sure helped business.
  5. alf500series

alf500series LawnSite Senior Member

do you guys use synthetic grass down there? might be a good selling point with water restrictions and drought